Friday, July 10, 2009

Italian Dinner Night

We had an Italian Dinner the other night at YaYa's house. I brought all the food, Elaine did most of the cooking and dessert and Yaya provided her house for us to destroy=).

Sophie and Luke drank their juice boxes on the deck and giggled while we cooked. I walked out there at one point to check on things and Sophie was singing, "I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it" over and over, so I think they were having fun.
Selah played in the Johnny Jump Up which she adores. She can really get moving on that thing. I wish they made an adult version, I think it could be quite fun! And a great workout! We made Gnocchi (which Trey and I discovered the yummy goodness of in Italy), Spaghetti (and by Spaghetti, I mean angel hair pasta cause the Tants only like angel hair!) with meatballs. Elaine made some delicious blueberry thing that I don't have a picture of but it was gooooood.


A 98% real smile from Sophie. And if you know her, you know it is hard to get a genuine smile from her if a camera is within a 75 ft radius. She's got such a great smile, but she does this cheesy fake smile for pictures, cracks me up.

The table all set with our feast + one bottle of vino from Italy that we got on a bike/castle tour in Florence+one bottle of Trader Joe's red wine that is supposed to be good and cheap=).


After we all stuffed our faces, Selah got tickled and the "kids" went into the living room to....
dance to the Curious George soundtrack!
Then I found a frog outside. I told Luke and Sophie to be very quiet and brought them outside to see it. Sophie didn't want to touch it while Luke tried to stomp on it and grab it until it ran away to a safe place.

That's all for now, I am off to clean my house...